Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am finally back.... and then I am gone...

Almost 10 days ago I proudly boasted that my MAC was on its way back to my house with its brand new hard drive. Well. it arrived as promised and all of my files had been saved. I was ecstatic! Todd picked up an external hard drive for me and I vowed to spend the next few days backing up all of those files that I was worried about losing when the hard drive began to crash! But all was not as planned....

Yes, the computer worked and I was relieved. But, I could not get on the Internet. So, after hours of tinkering around with the system, resetting the router, and bugging some very nice FB friends all the way on the West Coast (Thank you Rhonda and Kevin), I dragged the whole thing back to the Apple store last Thursday night, with both kids in tow. Todd was out of town and it was a huge hassle but I just had to get things back up and running. The Genius at Apple (Yes, their title really is "Genius") tinkered my computer for a bit, took it apart to check the connections and was convinced that he had fixed the problem. So, I lugged the whole thing home only to find out that the Internet was not working. I was ready to flip out.

Lucky for me Todd came home and decided to try and help out. Apple seemed to think it was a problem with the router so we spent a few more hours (yes, hours) on the phone with their tech support only to find out that the router was working perfectly fine. (They did show me how to add security settings to our network so that was a bonus!) Todd schelped the unit back to the Apple store last Sunday. They ran diagnostics again and found out that there was a problem now with the antenna. Luckily, considering the recent repair history, they conceded that it must have been damaged during the repair on the hard drive, and they agreed to fix it gratis. But, of course, they did not have the parts in stock so we had to wait 3 days for it to be serviced.

Todd flew home today (after enjoying a thrilling Ravens victory over the Browns in Ohio) and picked it up on the way home. Now that it is back, and completely up and running, I want to play on it. But, unfortunately, I can't. We are headed out on vacation tomorrow and I still have to pack. Ugh! Why am I such a procrastinator? So, I decided to squeeze in a few minutes of blog time to say "hi" and "bye". I will try and post from the road, but even if I am able, I am sure that the posts will be short and sweet. I promise to get back in the swing of things when we get back.

I hope that everyone out there in blog land has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! To our friends and family that we will not see this holiday, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We are so thankful that you are all a part of our lives!

PS: Oh, and I forgot to mention that not only did Todd bring me back my MAC but he also picked up an early Christmas gift for me. He got me a new camera for the trip. I have been having issues with mine for awhile now, but could not really justify replacing it. I was totally thrilled and now I have a new toy to play with on the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your Mac is back and working!! What kind of camera? Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete