Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where have we been?

I was disappointed when I pulled up the blog today and saw that I had not posted anything in over a week! I have been a little caught up in my "Picture of the Day" and LOAD (Layout of the Day) challenges and have let the blog slide. So sorry.

Truth is, not much has been going on here. Unlike all of my friends back "home", we have not been stuck under piles of snow. School was actually cancelled yesterday in anticipation of snow, but it ended up just being a rainy/ snowy day. Nothing was sticking to the ground until the early evening so there really was no need to cancel school. We did, however, enjoy the benefit of Todd's early return from New York (due to the weather) and the kids had a nice relaxing day in their PJs. We worked a bit on their Valentine's Day cards and Brenna painted a few pictures.


Sunrise


and Sunset.

It was still snowing when we went to sleep and we woke up early to check out the school delays. In typical Massachusetts form, none of the schools were delayed by us. Unfortunately, Todd had to shovel the drive out so the kids got a little extra sleep and went to school a tad bit late. Brenna was just pleased that she could still go to school on "Crazy Hat Day". The Student Council sponsored this as a fundraiser for the victims in Haiti and she was thrilled to be wearing her "Monster Bride" hat in school all day!

Once the kids were off to school, I was inspired to take a few pictures of our mini-snow storm before it melted. Can you believe that is already melting? As I am sitting here at the computer, I can hear chunks of snow falling off of my roof. So, hopefully, this will not be on the ground too long.




It really is kind of pretty, isn't it?

I promise that it will not be so long before I post again. The kids are on school vacation next week so I am sure we will have lots going on!



No comments:

Post a Comment